Companies should ensure to dispose of their unused IT hardware safely, securely and responsibly. Here are a few reasons why companies need to follow secure IT equipment disposal methodology for their unwanted equipment.
As technology is changing and advancing by the day, there is an increasing number of unused/unwanted IT hardware piling up in our data centers. According to recent reports, about 20 to 50 million metric tons of e-waste are disposed of worldwide each year. Therefore ensuring the disposal of unwanted hardware in an environmentally responsible manner should be a vital part of any company’s sustainable e-waste management strategy.
1. WEEE Directive designed to deal with e-waste ensures that as much of IT hardware is recycled, refurbished and reused to avoid unnecessary landfills and e-waste dumping each year.
2. IT hardware contains hazardous chemicals such as arsenic, cadmium, lead, and mercury, therefore dumping them without using expert guidance may have an adverse effect on the environment.
3. About 80% of the energy used by IT equipment is consumed during their manufacture, so refurbishing and reusing old equipment significantly reduces their carbon footprint.
4. The Mean Time Between Failures can be reduced for Enterprise IT hardware through continuous monitoring, maintenance and effective supply of IT spares.
At Evernex we manage all aspects of hardware recycling, starting from the collection of unused IT equipment, their disassembly, secure data destruction and then the reuse of any reusable component after carrying out rigorous quality testing procedures.
According to the California Department of Resources Recycling and Recovery, the mantra to recycle e-waste is by “Reducing, Reusing & Recycling”.
• Reduce your e-waste through smart procurement and good maintenance.
• Reuse the IT hardware which still functions by donating or selling them to someone who can still use them.
• Recycle IT equipment that cannot be fixed. Evernex is your Single Point of Contact for Recycling, Secure data disposal, Upgrades, and Maintenance.
With Evernex’s Spare as a Service, you have the right spare parts in the right place at the right time ensuring reliability, single point of contact for all IT needs and savings of up to 40%-80% on every refurbished hardware.